Since I am so wordly with online dating (not really) I wanted to give advice on what is a turn-off to men and women on these dreaded sites…
- Don’t post pics of you with other women. Sure, pics of you and your sister are cute but with your arm around someone looking all cozy? Is that a hint of who you want your next girlfriend to look like? I would never contact you because I am not her and will not be her. Call a therapist because I’m pretty sure you’re still stuck on her.
- Don’t post pics of you in groups of other dudes. I have no idea who you are and makes you, or whoever you are, not confident.
- Don’t waste my time. Once a guy is interested (amd I am too!) I like to take it off-line pretty quickly so I can cut to the chase. Either you want to meet or not. Emailing and/or texting for a few days is pointless. I start to question if you’re really single.
- Be honest. This can be hard for men to do (Lord don’t I know it!) but it’s so important. If you have kids, say it. If you hide it, we’ll probably find out!
- Don’t be too desperate. Men like a challenge so don’t be too eager to get back to them or be too available. This sort of contradicts a dating site since you are obviously looking but hopefully you have a life.
- Post up-to-date pics. Maybe you just had a break up, ate too much Ben & Jerry’s and put on some unwanted poundage. Be sure to post flattering and real photos of yourself. Posting photos from 10 years ago isn’t accurate and makes you appear insecure.
- Smile! Guys like to know you’re happy because they don’t want complication in their lives. I’m not perfect, but smiling is contagious!
- Have your guard up. If there is something shady, trust your gut. One thing I’ve learned is that when someone shows you who they are, trust them! Same advice goes to men.
There you have it. My unofficial online dating advice. What is your advice to those searching for love via 4G?